SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING.
All Fully registered Board Members of the Medical Board of T&T are hereby notified that a SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING will take place at Amphitheatre C, EWMSC, Uriah Butler Highway, Champs Fleurs on Wednesday 2nd October 2013 at 5pm.)
1. Confirmation of Minutes of Meeting of 10th November 2010.
2. Election of four (4) Board Members to serve on Council.
By Order of Council.
Requests for Overseas Verification Licence.
1. All outstanding arrears must be settled before Verification Licence can be issued to applicant.
2. Fee of TT$50.00 in order to fill out relevant information on form.
3. Fee of TT$20.00 per page in order to send facsimile transmission to relevant overseas registration body.
Requests for Letter of Good Standing (Provisional/Temporary/Full Registration).
1. All Outstanding arrears must be settled before Letter of Good Standing can be issued to applicant.
2. If applicant is unable to collect Letter of Good Standing personally, proxy must have a letter of authorization indicating this person is authorized to collect LOGS on his/her behalf.
3. Letters of Good Standing are valid for three (3) months from date of issue.
4. Fee of TT$400.00 via Personal Cheque or Bank Draft payable to the MEDICAL BOARD OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO.
Decision by the Council of the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago (MBTT) for Issuance of Permission To Practise Medicine (Provisional and Temporary Registration-Foreign Nationals.)
Council agreed that all Foreign graduates who are eligible for Provisional and Temporary Registration submit an official job letter, before issuance of Permission to Practise Medicine from the MBTT.
Decision by the Council of the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago (MBTT) for Appearance Before the Council of MBTT.
All files with respect to Provisional, Temporary and Full Registration would be reviewed by Council at the first available Regular Monthly Meeting. Once approved by Council these applicants would appear before Council at the next scheduled Regular Monthly Meeting.
With Regard to the Proficiency in the English Language for Eligible Applicants of (Provisional/Temporary/Full Registration).
Council agreed to implement the IELTS examination (Academic Module), with an overall minimum band of 7.0 for applicants whose native language is not English AND medium of instruction not English, as a testing mechanism for the proficiency in the English Language.
Decision for Graduates of Canadian and American Universities.
Council agreed that graduates from Canadian and American universities, post-internship would be required to satisfactorily complete
a three (3) month period ( Temporary Registration in a government institution, after which one can apply for Full Registration.
Approved Institutions for holders of Temporary Registration.
Council agreed to include the Queen's Park Counselling Centre and Clinic as a recognized institution for holders of a Temporary Licence.
Also, holders of Temporary Registration will be allowed to work in a recognized institution for a maximum period of two (2) years; allowed
to work in any District Health Facility, in the final third year of a Temporary Licence, under direct supervision by the
County Medical Officer of Health/Specialist Medical Officer and NOT allowed to work in any Health Centre located in Trinidad and
Re-application for further consideration of Temporary Registration with the MEDICAL BOARD OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO the following is a list of the requirements that must be submitted to assist Council in determining eligibility.
1. Confidential Consultant Form(s) filled out and submitted on a quarterly basis of doctor(s) who possess
a Temporary Licence for one (1) year. Consultant Evaluation Form for Temporary Registration Re-newal.
In order for applicants who possess Temporary Registration to be considered for Full Registration with the MEDICAL BOARD OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AFTER working for three (3) years in approved public health institutions, the following is a list of the requirements that must be submitted to assist Council in determining eligibility.
1. An official request in writing affixed with signature requesting Full Registration with the MBTT.
2. Confidential Consultant Form(s) filled out and submitted covering the entire three (3) year period of a doctor who possessed a Temporary Licence Consultant Evaluation Form for Full Registration after 3 years of Temporary Registration.
Decision for graduates who have obtained Post-Graduate qualification/Specialist Status in the United States of America (USA) and United Kingdom (UK).
Council agreed that graduates of traditional and non-traditional medical schools who have obtained Post-Graduate Qualification/Specialist Status in the U.S.A. and U.K. would be entitled to automatic Full Registration with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
For Eligibility of Full Registration with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
Council agreed to award automatic Full Registration to foreign applicants who can produce satisfactory evidence of successfully completing any of the Doctor of Medicine programmes at the University of the West Indies.
For continued payment of Annual Retention Fees (ARF) by Medical Practitioners practising medicine outside of our jurisdiction.
Council agreed to create an active and inactive database of registered medical practitioners. Council further agreed that doctors outside our jurisdiction would not be required to pay ARF, until
returning to practise medicine in T & T.
In addition, the following items must be submitted to reactivate license in Trinidad and Tobago:-
1. Satisfactory evidence that medical practitioner was abroad for specified period.
2. Submission of a current Letter of Good Standing not more than three (3) months old AND/OR a copy of current license from the last registration body.
In order to register a Higher Qualification with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago the following is a list of the requirements that must be submitted to assist Council in determining eligibility.
In order to register an Additional Qualification with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago the following is a list of the requirements that must be submitted to assist Council in determining eligibility.