Medical Practitioners with Temporary Registration may pursue employment in
one of the following health institutions in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, Mt. Hope
- Mt. Hope Maternity Hospital
- St. Ann's Hospital, St. Anns
- Port-of-Spain General Hospital, Port-of-Spain
- San Fernando General Hospital, San Fernando
- Tobago Regional Hospital, Scarborough, Tobago
- Point Fortin Area Hospital, Point Fortin
- St. James Medical Complex, St. James
- Caura Hospital
- Sangre Grande County Hospital, Sangre Grande
- Caribbean Epidemiological Centre (C.A.R.E.C.)
- Queen's Park Counseling Center
- All District Health Facilities (effective August 2011)
- National Blood Transfusion Service (NBTS) (effective September 2018)
The rule(s) governing holders of Temporary Registration -
(1) holders of Temporary Registration will be allowed to work in a recognized institution for a maximum period of two (2) years
Please be advised that further registration (i.e. Full Registration) can only
be considered where the place of practice of medicine is permissible.
Once a Temporarily Registered Doctor has successfully completed THREE years
of legitimate employment then he/ she may apply for Full Registration. Full
Registration entitles a medical practitioner to private practice.